Saturday, April 17, 2010

What a pain in the ?leg?

I have been having pain in my right leg for over a week now. I went in and had it checked out, and had to do some tests. An ultra-sound to check for blood clots, and an x-ray to check for bone cancer, (yikes). Well, both tests came back normal. I have been put on some pain meds, which make me rather loopy. I will deal with loopy, if I don't have to have pain. Well, I just realised, much to my dismay, I only have 4 pills left. I take 2 every 6 hours. And believe me, I am watching the clock, needing more by about the 4th or 5th hour. So, it's the weekend. Darn it. I called to see if the Dr. on call can fill it. NOPE. There is some rule about that, and if I need more pain meds, I have to go to the ER, or Clinic to get checked out AGAIN, and get them. Well, that is stupid. I was told to stay on them for 2 weeks, and see what happens. Wouldn't you think they'd give me 2 weeks worth. I am so not looking forward a Sunday in pain, instead of rest.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

That doesn't sound fun at all. Hope you start feeling better.

Michelle said...

Yuck! I can't believe they didn't have the brains to give you 2 weeks worth!! I'm so sorry. Medical stuff is always a pain...I guess that can mean two things, but both seem to fit.