Sunday, March 29, 2009

Home sweet home

My poor house! I have totally neglected it. My responsibilities for enrichment are over for a little bit anyway, so on Saturday, with the help of my kids, and sweet husband, we spent a whole chunk of the day cleaning. It was after 5 when I said, "I've had it, we are done." Although we did get a lot acomplished, I was suprized at how much was still left to do. Man, it is never ending!!!!!! I plan on, (we'll see), keeping it this way for a while. It took so long, I don't want to ruin all the good we've done so soon. I plan on getting to the things we didn't get to Sat. and do them this week, and just keep everything up. It feels REALLY good!

List of done things!
pantry
fridge
kitchen
all bathrooms (4 is a lot for me to keep up)
all bed rooms (well, master is half done)
playroom (huge undertaking)
living room
family room
entertainment room
vacuuming of all rooms, halls, and 2 sets of stairs

Still need to do!
my craft room (looks like a bomb hit it)
rest of my bedroom & closet
laundry room
inside kitchen cupboards (so random and unorganized)
wash baseboards/walls
computer hutch

Then just keep it all up. Sigh!
Not that you really wanted a run down of everything, guess it was more for me.

8 comments:

Nicki said...

WOW! Slow down or your going to make the rest of us look bad.

AllMyKs said...

YOU GO GIRL!!!! I'm amazed at all that you were able to get done in one day! I bet it does feel good.Now I want to work on mine again.

The Warner Family said...

I work my butt off cleaning and then in a matter of minutes my family comes home and it looks the same again! I hate cleaning!

Valerie said...

Hi, Stephanie. I hope you don't mind me coming to visit your blog. Cute photos of your kids!

Ange said...

Holy cow....how many rooms are in your house??? That sound like a LOT of house to clean.
...and I also agree - you are putting all the rest of us to shame. All of us who just lightly skimmed over our houses last Saturday :)

When you find the magic trick to keeping it up, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE let me in on it! I feel like nearly EVERY day I am cleaning up a whole house of monster messes, and I haven't figured how it gets so bad so fast. REALLY TRULY. So - when you find the secret of maintaining a clean and organized house....you know where to find me :)

.....and I still think we should have some sort of a fabulous cruise reunion!

sarah lowe said...

It makes me feel a little more normal that my house is never 100% clean. It's always half and half or something.

Unknown said...

Way to go Steph! I know how that feels to be able to cross off things on your list, so I empathized with your longer list of things done than the shorter list of things to still do. You rock! Love ya!

Unknown said...

What's the point of house cleaning, oh yeah so we don't go insane and our kids don't get different diseases. Way to go! It is a never ending project and it's worse when it's messed up in an hour, well in my house it's 5 min.