Friday, February 26, 2010

Projects

Do you ever get bored, and down, and blah, that you wonder who you are, or have become. I do that, then it hits me, hello, I am not doing things I enjoy. So, out come the paint brushes, and scrapbook paper. It's amazing when you are pre-occupied with things, you kinda forget about your troubles.

This was a calender holder (I assume) that I got at DI, and painted and covered with paper. (idea courtesy of Sheia Korth)

Here is some sort of tray that was brown, and had some other wood pieced inside, that I also painted and covered with paper. Wish I had taken before pictures. Now, don't ask me what I will do with them, but it is fun for me, and an outlet.

Kami even took part in the fun, and painted an old shelf we have had laying around. By the time I got to it to help smooth out the lumps, they were half dry. At least she was having a good time. I am giving her full credit on this paint job.
I love making cards. That's probably the thing I like most above all else. I am addicted to paper, and it's a way fun outlet for me.
Don't know if you can see, but Kami decided to use these as invitations for her friend's club. I should have investigated why she was asking me to help her spell all her friends names. Ugggg....... Time and money......gone.......Little turkey.




5 comments:

AllMyKs said...

I can only take credit for passing along an idea I saw! They look great. The white one could pass for a darling wall hanging. Did you modge-podge them on? Kami pulled a Karissa with your paper!

Lisa said...

Cool projects. You are SO creative!

Kristy said...

I have to agree. Crafts help me stay happy...and you do them beautifully.

Michelle said...

Very cute! I love making cards, too. I've been thinking about starting a card club. Wish we lived closer so we could do something like that together. Do you ever shop at Pebbles in my Pocket? I used to work there. Funny story about that some time...

AllMyKs said...

Waiting to see new projects.... It's been a month!