Sunday, November 16, 2008

Gratitude for the 4 little ones in my life.











This year for Thanksgiving, I am going to try to be grateful for, unstead of overwhelmed by my children. I don't know why, but lately I have been having a hard time controlling my temper, and being grateful for my kids. I get frustrated with silly little things. Like tonight. Kami was trying to find some pjs for bed, and was searching in her closet. I saw her new dress on the floor and flipped. I was so upset, cause it took me a while to iron the darn thing, and had asked her after church to go upstairs and hang it up. So to see it, on the floor along with other clothes, was, in that moment too much for me to handle. But then, quickly, (more quickly than normal) It hit me. My 5 year old cannot even reach the hanger. Also, the dirty clothes stuffed in one corner of her closet. What is she suppose to do with them? She has no hamper, no basket, and no way to keep that organized. So, to sum it all up, 90% of the time, that I blame my poor kids for things, it ends up falling in my lap as to who's fault it is. So, I vow to breathe, and take a moment to ponder the situation, BEFORE the temper gets the better of me. I love my children with all of my heart, and do not want them to grow up and have me be a thorn in their sides. I want to be the one they could come to, about anything. The one they are not afraid to cry with, and the one who has uncondional love for them. I want them to always want to come home and visit. I want them to know with out a doubt that I love them. Because I do!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I totally feel the same way about my kids. I can't keep up with Sydni or Ethan. I lose my temper real easy and then I feel horrible afterwards. It is such a hard thing sometimes, but I love what you said. I need to do the same thing. Mindi

Kriss said...

Steph,
I think all mothers do the same thing. And in my case its 99% of the time my fault. Oh well.