Sunday, February 15, 2009

Chore Charts

In despiration to try and keep my (our) home in order, I came up with these charts. They have everything on them from daily chores, and laundry day, to homework and reading. They start on Monday, and end Friday. I personally, hated cleaning the house on Saturday as a kid, and want this to be a sort of day off for the kids, but mainly ME. I feel I am cleaning all week, and need a break. Anyway, they get tallies on each day, and for each thing passed off, ans earn points. I then have different things they cand spend their point on. Like money, outings, prizes etc. Well, the kids seemed pretty excited at first, but already it's worn off, (well except for Brooke) She has over 100 points, and reminds me regularly that she has them. I have found that without my encouragement still, it will never get done. So, I will need to really be on top of this one.



Derek, washing up after dinner

Brooke, cleaning the counter. Go Brooke go!!!!


Kam and Hayes doing the dishes. (Not sure if it was actually helpful, but they are learning to work)





1 comment:

AllMyKs said...

Cute pictures! I loved the one of the kids washing dishes. Don't you wish their enthusiasm lasted longer though?